Friday 3 June 2011

Why doing a PHD is like the X-Factor

It appears that I have found myself a new laptop. It is a very small notebook. Far from powerful, far from unique. But already it feels like an old friend that will see me through this great journey that is my PHD.

OH GOD... I sound like I am on the X Factor. I guess, for me, this is my chance, my opportunity to explore the things that have been entering my mind all this time; To understand the theories and how they work with the rest of the world. There is no-doubt that it will be an emotional journey; there will be ups and downs struggles and (hopefully) more than a few successes. I will also be taught much and learn more. I will make friends and maybe even help people, influence local council and governmental organizations: Affect change.

But there will probably be less singing… and infinitely less Simon Cowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment